Opening consists of mechanically separating the bale into smaller& smaller tufts of the fibers. This separation releases many of the imp
Functions of bale opening zone:
- It should take the fibers evenly from the bales.
- It should open up the fibers gently.
- The bale openers should open the fibers into smaller possible tufts.
- The size of tufts should be same.
- It should be easily programmable.
Functions of Coarse opening & cleaning zone:
- The speed of beaters should be slow.
- The beaters have less number of beating points.
- The pitch of the beating elements of beaters is high.
- Grids are placed away from beaters.
Fine opening & cleaning zone:
- This zone is used to open up & clean the fibers finely.
- In this zone more controlled amount is fed between the rollers because the speed of the roller are greater then the second zone rollers & the chances of breakage is high.
- The pitch of the beating elements of beaters should be less then the second zone.
- The distance between the grids is less.
Intense opening & cleaning zone:
urities present in natural fibers& these can be removed as waste
- The feeding of the fibers is more controlled.
- Pitch of beating elements should be less.
- Distance between the grids is less
- Speed should be greater then the previous zone.