Posted on 07/10/2011 9:34 AM
I've got an appointment with an advisor on Monday.
I thought when the letter said "I enclose a copy of the decision" I thought it meant a copy of the decision I got from the tribunal in August where it said the appeal is disallowed (so i didn't bother to get round to looking at it - till now).
But infact it meant a copy of Septembers letter in the form of a decision notice where it says "The tribunal decision is not set aside"
But also the decision notice it says something for me to go on - it also says "This is because none of the conditions set out in Rule 37(2) is satisfied. There was no procedural irregularity"
Posted on 02/10/2011 9:58 PM
Thanks, if after all the appeals etc don't work then i might try a new claim.
I got the letter a couple of weeks ago. I have in mind an advisor i've seen before face to face so i could see them again.
The letter i sent to them before that I put at the top of the letter as a single line paragraph that i request a statement of reasons.
Then in a paragraph under that i asked some questions i'd like answered in the SOR such as if the extra evidence i sent had been taken into consideration being that it got there the day before the tribunal.
Posted on 01/10/2011 4:35 PM
The letter says I have one month "to apply for a statement". It doesn't mention I have one month to apply for a statement of reasons.
Are they avoiding saying "statement of reasons"? They mean the same thing right?
Posted on 30/09/2011 1:53 PM
Reply to Monic15 (29/09/2011 7:23 PM)
I'd phone them and say that you hadn't requested a set aside as you haven't received the statement of reasons yet. As I understand it you can only request a set aside if you can find that the original tribunal made an error in law, although we sometimes request set asides if a customer couldn't get a rep in time. - Im not sure Im making sense so maybe just ignore me except for the phone them bit
Is phoning a lot better than writing a letter?
Posted on 29/09/2011 11:45 AM
I got a letter from the tribunal service. It said I had applied for a set aside (I had actually requested a statement of reasons) and the judge had refused a set aside.
Isn’t this a breach of procedure?